Presented as a laboratory space
An oval stage space made of pink fabric, microphones, two human beings, 15 soft sculptures, noises, a soft light.
In this welcoming space where forms and relief merge, you examine these bodies : matter meets, folds, unfolds, connects, invaginates, and intertwines. You are witness to a new division of things. Textures as shapes. Shapes that are sounds. Objects that are beings. You are at the periphery of space. Both inside and outside. The space has no differentation. Between animate and the inanimate. Between yesterday and tomorrow. The space has no narrative.
You are lost. You briefly find yourself. You are a shape. A sound. A vibration. Everything within you is real.
The centre of the stage is your own centre. A centre that breathes. That feels. That emits light. A light that touches you ever so slightly. You need to touch in order to understand that it is better to feel than to understand.
*Accessible to sighted people as well as to people living with visual impairments.
Partner : LA SERRE - arts vivants
Emile Pineault is a choreographer, dancer and acrobat. His rigorous practice focuses on acrobatics from a somatic and conceptual point of view. Intimacy and desires are translated into movement, expressed through repetition, contortions, waving, and impulsion. He challenges the notion of virtuosity, promoting the creation of a queer space. His tactile approach to movement, sound and scenic devices questions the power relations at play between our different senses, opening up the realm of perceptions.
- Ideation and choreography
- Emile Pineault
- Created with
- Claudel Doucet
- Creation and performance
- Nien Tzu Weng
- Emile Pineault
- Set design
- Pénélope et Chloë
- Sound design
- Joël Lavoie
- Light design and technical direction
- Audrée Lewka
- Costume design
- Marie-Audrey Jacques
- Audience development and accessibility advisor for audiences living with visual impairments
- Laurie-Anne Langis
- Text (audio program)
- Catherine Lavoie-Marcus
- Artistic support
- Anne Thériault
- Outside perspective
- Mimi Jeong
- Sindri Runudde
- Partnership and residencies :
- Fabrik Potsdam
- With the support of
- Conseil des arts du Canada
- Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec
- Conseil des arts de Montréal
- Creative residencies
- fabrik Potsdam (Allemagne | Germany)
- Théâtre Aux Écuries, Montréal (Canada)
- Salle Émile-Legault, Montréal (Canada)
- Maison de la culture Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Montréal (Canada)
- Les 7 doigts de la main, Montréal (Canada)
- La Chapelle Scènes Contemporaines, Montréal (Canada)
- Kunstencentrum BUDA Courtrai (Belgique | Belgium)
- Monument-National, Montréal (Canada)